easyTRANSLATE add-on tool
easyGUI supports multilingual target applications, and translation between languages can be done in easyGUI. However, because the Translator is typically not a developer it can be more convenient to have a separate application for the translation job, this is the easyTRANSLATE utility. There are two advantages to this arrangement:
- The Translator can be positioned on another PC not licensed for easyGUI usage, anywhere in the world.
- The Translator can only translate, he/she can't edit anything else in easyGUI, for which the person is possibly not trained.
easyTRANSLATE does not contain any functionality not found in easyGUI, but it allows remote translation to take place.
There is no license key associated with easyTRANSLATE.
The procedure for using easyTRANSLATE is straight forward:
- An export file is made in easyGUI. The exported file, a translate file, contains the complete easyGUI project in two languages, selected in easyGUI, a reference language and the language to be translated to.
- The translate file is handed over to the Translator, along with the easyTRANSLATE install program, if the Translator does not already have easyTRANSLATE installed.
- The Translator opens easyTRANSLATE, and selects the relevant translate file.
- The Translator goes through all texts, and translates them. For each text a graphic representation of the screen(s) using this particular text is shown, both in reference language and in translated form. This enables the Translator to see the resulting translated text in its context, and resolve eventual problems with space constraints.
- The translate file is handed back to the Developer.
- The Developer imports the translate file back into the easyGUI project, and checks for eventual inconsistencies.